Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does SSB is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) ?
A. Yes. AICTE is a statutory body of Central Government to permit to start, promote and control Technical Education in India. This power is given by the AICTE Act of Parliament in 1987, with a view to ensure the proper planning and coordinated development of Technical Education System throughout the Country.
Technical Education in this context includes fields of Engineering and Technology, Architecture, Town Planning, Management, Pharmacy and Applied Arts & Crafts. Technical programmes cannot be run/offered without the prior approval of AICTE. Legal action will be initiated against institutions/ organizations running/offering technical programmes/ courses without the approval of AICTE.
Q. How SSB is different than other PGDM Institutions like TAPMI, SDMIMD, IFIM, and IIMs ?
1. The institution gives equal importance to teaching, training and research. The institution has only two categories of faculties : Professors and Research Scholars. All professors are Ph.D. degree holders and all Research Scholars are PGDM’s/MBA’s with some industry experience. Both the category faculty members share their knowledge and experience with the students.
2. The Course is designed in such a way that the students will become expert in concepts, skills and industry exposure. Students have to study 04 papers in Bridge Course and 42 papers in Trimesters and also have to undergo 04 week summer project, 1 week NGO experience and 08 weeks specialized project work.
3. PGDM students of SSB will get opportunity to be specialized in any two areas out of 14 elective areas and will study 6 papers in these two specialized areas. Hence SSB provides enhanced opportunity to choose wider electives.
4. The Course Fee of Top B-schools is of the order of Rs. 7 to 15 lakhs where as SSB provides similar PGDM program at much lower Fee as introductory offer without compromise in quality of service.
Q. How PGDM is better/superior than conventional MBA programmes of Indian Universities ?
1. PGDM Program is an Autonomous Program in which the Academic Committee of the institution has freedom to decide the Curriculum in consultation with the industry Experts so that students will study the latest requirements for the industry. The MBA program of most of the Indian Universities are obsolete due to the old syllabus they have adopted and the revision of the syllabus is very difficult due to scarcity of proper decision makers and elaborate procedures.
2. The PGDM program of SSB is designed in such a way that the students will become expert in both concepts, skills and industry exposure. Students have to study 04 papers in Bridge Course and 42 papers in Trimesters. Students will also undergo 04 week summer project, 1 week NGO experience and 08 weeks specialized project work.
3. PGDM students of SSB will get opportunity to be specialized in any two areas out of 14 elective areas (dual specialization) and will study 6 papers in these two specialized areas. Hence SSB provides enhanced opportunity to choose wider electives.
4. Students of PGDM can choose Productivity & Innovation as Elective Course can do their Project at Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, Grimsby, U.K., and continue for their M.Sc. in Productivity & Innovation and seek job at United Kingdom.
Q. What is the total programme fee?
A. The Academic Fee payable by admitted students for the 2-year PGDM programme of 2009-2011 will be Rs. 3,00,000/-. Hostel Fee will be approximately Rs. 60,000/- for the two-year period (double occupancy). Monthly Food Bill will be approximately Rs. 1,800/-.
Q. Where can I obtain the Application Form?
A. Application Forms are made available at Administrative Office, Srinivas Group of Institutions, G.H.S. Road, Mangalore-01, and Srinivas School of Business, Srinivas Integrated Campus, Mukka, Surathkal. Application form can be downloadable from our website www.srinivasgroup.com
Q. Is there any age limit to pursue SSB’s PGDM Programme?
A. No. We do not stipulate any minimum or maximum age limits.
Q. Are there any reserved quotas for special category of applicants?
A. No. SSB does not have any reservations or quotas for admissions.
Q. Does SSB offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
A. No. At present, we do not offer any.
Q. Can a graduate of PGDM from SSB pursue Ph.D. programme in India or abroad?
A. Yes. Graduates of PGDM of SSB are eligible to pursue their Ph.D. programme in India and abroad.
Q. Does SSB offer "specialisation" in PGDM?
A. Yes. We offer six elective papers in each functional area of management. Students can "specialise" in Marketing, Finance, Systems, HRD, Entrepreneurship, E-Business & Information Technology Management, Entrepreneurship, Operations Management, Strategy and Leadership , spitality & Tourism, Hospital Administration, Productivity & Innovation, Banking & Insurance, Retail Management, Airport & Flight Management etc.
Q. Does SSB arrange any educational loans?
A. Selected applicants can apply directly to many nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by SSB to facilitate the process.
Q. Does SSB offer any twinning programme?
A. No. But students who choose Productivity & Innovation or Supply chain Management as Elective Course can do their Project at Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education, Grimsby, U.K., and continue for their M.Sc. in Productivity & Innovation and seek job at United Kingdom.
Q. What are the plan to placement Assistance ?
A. SSB has a separate placement cell which will invite various MNCs to the campus for recruitment and it trains its students to become successful in these interviews.