Gallery class rooms:
The institute has well designed multimedia executive gallery class rooms with higher end teaching aids like LCD, internet, wireless mike, with interactive moving area. Class rooms are designed to develop the student’s soft skill and also the overall personality.
Extra ordinary importance is given to plan the library to cater for the academic needs of the students. Institute is provided with a library consisting of 6000 volumes of text books and more than 50 journals and periodicals in its first year of its inception itself. Book bank facility is provided to the students. Constant up gradation is done by adding the latest edition of the books.
Institute has state -of - art computer center, workshops and CAD, physics, chemistry, internet laboratories.
Central Library :
To cater the need of information gathering, the institution is providing a Central library with both online and hard copies of textbooks, reference brooks, business cases, corporate reports, magazines and Journals as per requirement. The library contains Reading Section, Reference Section, Stock Section, Journal Section, Business Case Section, Electronic Library Section, Corporate Report Section, Librarian Chamber, Library Assistant Chamber, Conference Rooms, Ladies Common Room and News Paper section. The Library will subscribe the magazines and journals much above than AICTE requirement. The library will subscribe many online e-journals and e-books in the area of science, technology and business management. The library will subscribe several Electronic Databases.
A well stock, automated Central library has more than 10,000 books and large number of national and international journals & periodicals in addition to the project reports. The Central Library has access to number of online journals and
the library resource center is fully automated and for this we have specialized user-friendly library software called EasyLib. The center has adopted latest information technologies like CD, DVD, Multimedia Kits, Bar-code Scanners, Text and Graphic Scanners.
The total build up area of the Central Library is about 20,000 Sq. Feet.
The library will provide following services:
• Membership & Registration
• Reference Service & Assistance
• Book Bank Facility
• Document Delivery Services
• Inter Library Loan
• Photocopying Services
• News-Clippings Services
• Compilation of Supplements of Newspaper
• Bibliography & Documentation Services
• Organization of Book Exhibition & Technical Demonstration
• Online Public Access Catalogue
• CD-ROM Search Service
• Database Searches
• User Education
• Current Awareness Services
Computer Centre :
The central computer laboratory with required area of 200 sqm is planned in all Schools with initial capacity of 150 P Quadracore computers/ laptop computers, an IBM Xeon server and a wireless Wi-Fi network. The computer center will have adequate Printers and scanners, LCD projector and other peripherals required for a state-of-the-art laboratory. The number of students and the computers ratio will be maintained 1:2 by adding required number of computers in subsequent years. The central computer facility will be having two operating software and about ten application software for business management students benefit. The central library will also have all AutoCAD, management and ERP software.
The workshop of the School is equipped to do following experiments :
a. Study of fitting tools
b. Study of fitting operations & joints
c. Minimum 5 models involving rectangular, triangular, semi circular and dovetail joints.
a. Study of electric arc welding tools & equipments
b. Minimum 4 Models- electric arc welding-Butt joint, Lap joint, T-joint & L-joint.
3. Study and demonstration of Carpentry tools, joints and operations.
4. Study and demonstration of Sheet metal and soldering work.
Graphics Lab :
The Graphics lab is equipped with Quadra Core Processors and 19 inch DELL LCD monitors to do following experiments :
1. Introduction to Computer Aided Sketching
Introduction, Drawing Instruments and their uses, BIS conventions, Lettering, Dimensioning and free hand practicing. Computer screen, layout of the software, standard tool bar/menus and
description of most commonly used tool bars, navigational tools. Co-ordinate system and reference planes. Definitions of HP, VP, RPP & LPP. Creation of 2D/3D environment. Selection of drawing size and scale. Commands and creation of Lines, Co-ordinate points, axes, poly-lines, square, rectangle, polygons, splines, circles, ellipse, text, move, copy, off-set, mirror, rotate, trim, extend, break, chamfer, fillet, curves, constraints viz. tangency, parallelism, inclination and perpendicularity. Dimensioning, line conventions, material conventions and lettering.
2. Orthographic Projections
Introduction, Definitions - Planes of projection, reference line and conventions employed, Projections of points in all the four quadrants, Projections of straight lines (located in First quadrant/first angle only), True and apparent lengths, True and apparent inclinations to reference planes.
3. Orthographic Projections of Plane Surfaces
Definitions–projections of plane surfaces–triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, pentagon, hexagon and circle, planes in different positions by change of position method only.
4. Projections of Solids
Introduction, Definitions – Projections of right regular tetrahedron, hexahedron (cube), prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones in different positions.
5. Sections And Development of Lateral Surfaces of Solids
Introduction, Section planes, Sections, Section views, Sectional views, Apparent shapes and True shapes of Sections of right regular prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones resting with base on HP. Development of lateral surfaces of above solids, their frustums and truncations.
6. Isometric Projection
Introduction, Isometric scale, Isometric projection of simple plane figures, Isometric projection of tetrahedron, hexahedron(cube), right regular prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones, spheres, cut spheres and combination of solids.
Physics Lab :
The Physics lab is equipped to do following experiments :
1. Series and Parallel LCR Circuits
2. I-V Characteristics of a Zener Diode
3. Characteristics of a Transistor
4. Band Gap of a Semiconductor
5. Ultrasonic Interferometer (Measurement of Velocity of Sound in Solids and Liquids)
6. Dielectric Constant (Measurement of Dielectric Constant)
7. Magnetic properties (B-H Graph Method)
8. Diffraction (Measurement of wavelength of Laser / Hg Source using diffraction grating)
9. Planck’s Constant
10. Electrical Resistivity (Four probe method)
11. Verification of Stefan’s law
12. Determination of Fermi Energy
Chemistry Lab :
The Chemistry lab is equipped to do following experiments :
1. Potentiometric estimation of FAS using standard K2Cr2O7 solution.
2. Colorimetric determination of copper.
3. Conductometric estimation of an Acid using standard NaOH solution .
4. Flame photometric estimation of sodium in the given sample of water.
5. Determination of pKa of a weak acid using pH meter.
6. Determination of viscosity coefficient of a given liquid using Ostwald’s viscometer.
7. Determination of Total Hardness of a sample of water using disodium salt of EDTA.
8. Determination of Calcium Oxide (CaO) in the given sample of cement by Rapid EDTA method.
9. Determination of percentage of Copper in brass using standard sodium thiosulphate solution.
10. Determination of Iron in the given sample of Haematite ore solution using potassium dichromate crystals by external indication method.
11. Determination of Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) of the given industrial waste Water sample.
12. Determination of Dissolved Oxygen in the given water sample by Winkler method.
Food Court :
Food Court located in the campus provides delicious food/snacks/lunch, bakery items, and hot/cold drinks/juice between 8.00 am to 7.00 pm during working days.
List of Items with their Price
Xerox/Communication Centre :
Xerox centre provides copying, printing, and binding facility to the students. It also provides stationary items related to students day to day requirements.
The institution has two boys Hostel and two girls hostels located at Surathkal.
(Rules of Hostel & Facilities)
Transportation Facility :
The institution provides college bus facility from important places of Mangalore and Udupi Districts.