Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) [Proposed]
To encourage research in Business Management as per our mission, the institution supports research in various area of Business Management by providing Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF). These research fellows will work under the guidance of professors in the institution for 3-4 years leading to Ph.D.
A regular full time Master’s degree in Business Management or related degree from a UGC recognized Indian University / or an AICTE approved Institute or an equivalent degree from a foreign approved institute or university approved by UGC with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Applicants who are in employment in an organization either in India or abroad will be eligible for admission as part-time research scholars subject to fulfilling eligibility / requirements.
1. SSB would advertise for admission into its Ph. D. programme in the leading national dailies in the month of February, every year.
2. The interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply against the advertisement by sending their information in the prescribed admission form along with processing fee to the admission department. Forms can be obtained from the website, through post or from the campus.
3. The candidates are short-listed for interviews by the research committee. The short-listing is done to ensure a reasonable fitment between the candidates’ academic/research background and the programme’s expectations.
4. Only the short-listed candidates are sent communication for the interview. Finally short listed candidates are sent the admission offer.
5. Financial Assistance for Full Time Scholars : SSB extends financial assistance of Rs. 17,000/- (Rupees seventeen thousand only) per month to full time research scholars. The financial aid is available for a maximum period of 4 years from admission and is subject to satisfactory progress of the candidate.
Areas of Research
Major areas of research to be offered are :
• Economics and Business Environment
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technology Management
• International Business
• Operations Management
• Organizational Behaviour
• Strategic Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Hotel Management & Tourism
• Hospital Administration