Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) [Proposed]
To encourage research in Business Management as per our mission, the institution supports research in various area of Business Management by providing Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF). These research fellows will work under the guidance of professors in the institution for 3-4 years leading to Ph.D.
• A regular full time Master’s degree in Business Management or related degree from a UGC recognized Indian University / or an AICTE approved Institute or an equivalent degree from a foreign approved institute or university approved by UGC with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Applicants who are in employment in an organization either in India or abroad will be eligible for admission as part-time research scholars subject to fulfilling eligibility / requirements.
1. SSB would advertise for admission into its Ph. D. programme in the leading national dailies in the month of February, every year.
2. The interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply against the advertisement by sending their information in the prescribed admission form along with processing fee to the admission department. Forms can be obtained from the website, through post or from the campus.
3. The candidates are short-listed for interviews by the research committee. The short-listing is done to ensure a reasonable fitment between the candidates’ academic/research background and the programme’s expectations.
4. Only the short-listed candidates are sent communication for the interview. Finally short listed candidates are sent the admission offer.
5. Financial Assistance for Full Time Scholars : SSB extends financial assistance of Rs. 17,000/- (Rupees seventeen thousand only) per month to full time research scholars. The financial aid is available for a maximum period of 4 years from admission and is subject to satisfactory progress of the candidate.
Areas of Research
Major areas of research to be offered are :
• Economics and Business Environment
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technology Management
• International Business
• Operations Management
• Organizational Behaviour
• Strategic Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Hotel Management & Tourism
• Hospital Administration
The Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Program (PDRFP) is in keeping with SSB’s mission to create a high quality research driven business school. This Post Doctoral research program focuses on the issues faced by businesses – small or large, public or private in developing and developed countries. The research often draws from theories and concepts from different areas, making it relevant for both academicians and practitioners in various business disciplines.
Fellows pursuing the PDRFP will conduct academic research jointly with a faculty member in their area of interest. Hailing from institutes in India and from abroad, the Fellows come with a diverse set of PhD backgrounds including those grounded in the basic disciplines. While some join immediately upon completion of their PhDs, others come to SSB with some work experience. The Fellows add significantly to the academic vibrancy of the School through their own research, by working jointly with faculty members on research, by presenting seminars, and by aiding in teaching.
- The Programme duration is for 2 years, conditional on satisfactory performance.
- Fellows will conduct academic research jointly with a SSB faculty member in their area of interest. The goal will be to publish in top, internationally recognised journals.
- Fellows will assist Faculty in teaching.
- Fellows may also be required to attend some classes as scheduled.
- The SSB will pay the expenses for a fellow to attend one conference from an approved list of conferences if their joint paper with a resident faculty member is accepted for presentation at that conference.
- Each selected Research Fellow would receive a grant of approximately INR 25,000 per month.
Eligibility and Selection Process
The SSB is looking for outstanding scholars with the following qualifications:
- A PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Operations Research, Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Demonstrated capabilities to do high quality research independently.
Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of SSB existing faculty.
. Short-listed candidates will be invited to campus to present their research before a final decision is made.
The selection of the Research Fellows will be based on the following parameters:
- Statement of Purpose (Essays as indicated in the Application Form).
- Past research / PhD thesis work demonstrating potential for scholarly work.
- Reference Request Forms (2 required. These forms should be sent to two individuals whom you feel can supply supporting evidence of your work and/or academic experience.
- On-campus Presentation and Interview.
- Evaluation of fit by the Selection Committee.
You may write to Directorssb@srinivasgroup.com for any details or clarifications